Premio de Crítica Frieze
frieze Writer’s Prize is an annual international award to discover and promote new art critics. The award will be judged in 2009 by critic and art historian James Elkins, novelist and critic Ali Smith, and co-editor of frieze magazine Jennifer Higgie.
• Entrants must submit one previously unpublished review of a recent contemporary art exhibition, approximately 700 words in length.
• Entries must be submitted in English, but may be a translation (this must be acknowledged).
• Entrants must be over 18 years old.
• To qualify, entrants may only previously have had a maximum of three pieces of writing on art published in any national or regional newspaper or magazine. Previous online publication is permitted.
• The winning entrant will be commissioned to write a review for the October issue of frieze and be awarded 2000 GBP.
• Closing date is 26 June 2009.
• Entries should be emailed as a word attachment to email@example.com. Please do not send images.
James Elkins (critic and art historian)
Ali Smith (novelist and critic)
Jennifer Higgie (frieze co-editor)